Pumpkin Blondies



I absolutely love anything pumpkin and look forward to cooking with it in the fall. I came across this recipe and just knew I had to make it. I have never had a blondie and thought this was the perfect recipe to try first. I will admit I ate the majority of these for my breakfast everyday. 



They were so good with coffee and I just couldn't stay out of them. I know that sounds really bad doesn't it? We will keep that between us, OK? My family enjoyed them as well but probably not as much as I did. I did not have any pecans for these but they were still really good. Pecans would have taken this over the top though. Next time I will make sure I have those on hand for this.



Pumpkin Blondies  
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature 
1¼ cups brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup white chocolate chips 
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional) (I didn't have any)Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir together and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the pumpkin puree. With the mixer on low speed add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the white chocolate and butterscotch chips and pecans.

Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 35-40 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely before cutting.

To serve, lift the cake from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Peel off the foil and using a sharp knife, cut into 24 squares.




.
Linked up:
Melt in Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Foodie Friends Friday
Weekend Potluck @ The Country Cook

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a real treat. I've pinned the recipe and look forward to trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good! I won't tell anyone that you had so many! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back to VOTE on Sunday! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blondies look amazingly wonderful. I'm with you...I can hardly wait to make more pumpkin dishes...love love love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Potluck. Please come back soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Subscribe to my weekly newsletters for free recipes, tips, and printables.

* indicates required